Friday, March 11, 2011

Artist Statement

I have always loved to people watch. To wonder who people are, where they are going, what role they fill in this world.  Throughout my stay here in Italy, I have been watching Rome.  I have been soaking in every move it makes, the people walking by, the architecture presented throughout the streets, and its overall beauty.  My graffiti piece is what I have been seeing here in Rome, the ancient-ness, the people devoted to their religion, the church, the cuisine, and the fast-paced life style.  In one moment everything could change, the fear of pick-pocketing on every bus, the fear of strange man cornering you in an alley, and the fear of getting lost.  I have seen and felt all of these things while being here and this is what I have represented in my piece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment